What is Dispatch
What is Dispatch: Definitions
Dispatch as verb (transitive):
1. to send off promptly, as to a destination or to perform a task
2. to discharge or complete (a task, duty, etc) promptly
3. (informal) to eat up quickly
4. to murder or execute
Dispatch as noun :
5. the act of sending off a letter, messenger, etc
6. prompt action or speed (often in the phrase with dispatch)
7. an official communication or report, sent in haste
8. (journalism) a report sent to a newspaper, etc, by a correspondent
9. murder or execution
Dispatch vs. despatch
There is no difference between dispatch and despatch. The latter is an alternative spelling that was common in the 19th century and earlier, but dispatch has gained undisputed dominance in modern English. Despatch has mostly disappeared from the language—except in the U.K., where it appears in place of dispatch about a third of the time—and dispatch is the preferred spelling for all senses of the word.
The main exception is in the phrase despatch box, which refers to the lectern in the British House of Commons and the Australian House of Representatives. This use is the main contributor to the relative frequency of despatch in the U.K.
1. Inward mail, other than those which are registered, marked confidential and addressed personally to some official, may be opened by an authorized member of staff who should enter in the inward mail register and mention serial number of the mail register on the letter/paper received, affix “RECEIVED” date stamp on it and deliver the same to the concerned officials against acknowledgment.
2. Letters addressed personally to any official shall be opened by the addressed only.
3. Registered mails and mails marked confidential will be opened by an officer or Manager in small branches. All these letters shall, however entered in the inward mails registers.
4. Stop payment instructions and court orders shall be received by authorized officials who will immediately note date & time on it and take necessary steps.
1. All outward letters must bear serial number and entry in the Register with name and address.
2. Each typist will maintain a typist master file and Despatch clark will also maintain a separate master file for future record.
3. Local letters may be delivered through peon book. If the area is large and letters are many in number service of post office may be utilized.
4. Letters despatched must be entered in the outward mail register and bear proper postal stamps, if sent through post office.
5. Remarks such as ‘Urgent’, ‘By Air mail’, ‘Registered’, ‘Registered with AD’, ‘Confidential’ etc. must appear on top of the letter as well as envelop.
6. If the letters are sent by registered post or courier service, postal receipt/ courier receipt must be maintained by the despatch department in a file. Similarly acknowledgments received back should be maintained in the file.
7. If any telegram is sent by any branch a copy of the message duly signed by authorized officials must be sent by post to the address as confirmation.
8. Similarly, when any inward telegram is received by the branch, they must compare it with the confirmatory copy when received.
9. Receipt for telegraphic message issued by telegraph office should be maintained in a file, and an authorized official must check them at the time of passing expenses voucher.
10. If any telegram is sent relating to services given to a customer, charges should be recovered from the customer concerned.
11. Manager and other officials of the Bank must ensure economic use of telephone. If telephone is used on account of customers, charges must be recovered.
12. Trunk calls & STD calls must be recorded in the trunk call register and verified with the telephone bill when received from T & T office.
What is Dispatch
Individual Retirement Account (IRA) What is an IRA? An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a type of savings account that is designed to help you save for retirement and offers …
Special types of Bank’s Customers-Minor or Infant, Lunatics, Drunkard or Intoxicated Person, Married Woman, Illiterate Person, Trustees, Executors and Administrators. Every person who is competent to contract can open an …
Constituents’ Accounts Account: Account may be defined as a contract between two or more entities. Entities may be personal or Impersonal. In an account, there are some terms and …
What is the definition of Recurring deposit Recurring deposit From Wikipedia. the free encyclopedia Recurring Deposit is a special kind of Term Deposit offered by banks in India which …
Steps to open a Bank Account At present Banks have emerged as essential financial institutions. Banks make available a safe environment and help us manage our financial transactions. To …
DPS Of All BD Bank DPS(Deposit Pension Scheme) EBL DPS Features Insurance Features The monthly installments have built in life insurance coverage …
What is Dispatch
What is Dispatch