Lodgement Of Import Documents
If import documents found in order, it is to be made entry in the bill register & necessary voucher to be passed putting bill number on the documents, completing the necessary formalities. This process is called Lodgement. Documents must be lodged immediate after receipt of the same not exceeding seven working days.
Works related to lodgement
- a) Maintenance of Register:
Bill Register should include date, serial no./Bill no., Bill of Exchange No, Amount, Name of negotiating Bank. B/L No. Date, Merchandise, retirement date & other particulars.
After lodgement, documents to be kept under lock & key until handing over the same to the party/C&F Agent at retirement stage.
- b) Application of Rate: Foreign Currency would be converted at B.C. Selling rate ruling on the date of Lodgement.
- c) Exchange control Form: IMP & TM form must be filled in & signed by the importer at the time of Lodgement/Opening L/C.
- d) Endorsement of LCAF: LCAF must be endorsed showing utilization of shipment. The relative LCA form is to be endorsed with full particulars of Bill and the amount remitted just on the right side on the back of LCA form where endorsement was earlier made while opening the L/C. The L/C file is also stamped with Bill number and amount in Foreign Currency. The shipping documents marked with Bill number are then put into a separate cover marking Bill number and kept in safe custody for ultimate delivery to the importer on retirement of the import bill. The importer is then notified to retire the import documents by sending a cost memo indicating the amount payable by him under different heads.
- e) Noting on the File: Utilized amount showing Bill No to be noted on the printed format of L/C files.
- f) Intimation to the Importer: Importer is to be advised with full particulars of shipment to retire the documents on the date of lodgement.
- g) Acceptance: Usance bill is to be presented to the importer for acceptance, if it is discrepant or received on collection under consignment basis. Upon receipt of acceptance, maturity date to be conveyed to the negotiating Bank. If it is not accepted due to discrepancies, disposal instruction of negotiating Bank to be asked.
- h) Reminder to be issued to the client.
- i) Discrepant Document not to be paid without importer’s acceptance.
- j) L/C liability to be reversed and Bills liability to be created.
Accounting of Cash Bills Lodegment
a) Reversal of Original Contra entry:
Dr. Bankers liability for L/C (Cash) (Foreign/Local) Tk.
Cr. Customers Liability for L/C (Cash) (Foreign/Local) Tk.
(b) Dr.- Murabaha Import Bills (MIB) (F.C multiplied by B.C Selling rate) Tk.
Cr.- ETCA – HO- (Reimbursing Bank @ TT & OD) Tk.
Cr.- Income A/C – Exchange Earnings Tk.
Dr.- Sundry Deposit A/C – Margin on L/C (Cash) Tk.
Cr.- Murabaha Import Bills (MIB) (Foreign/Local for proportionate amount) Tk.
(c) Dr.- MIB (Profit portion for 12 months on total landed cost after deducting cash security) Tk.
Cr.- Profit receivable Tk.
Dr.- Profit receivable Tk.
Cr.- Income A/C – (Realised monthly, on daily product basis) Tk.
Import Bill Scrutiny Checklist Import Bill Scrutiny Checklist Import Bill Scrutiny Checklist Following points should be carefully checked in respect of the relevant documents: (a) Forwarding schedule of the …
How to obtain Import Registration Certificate (IRC) in Bangladesh Required Supporting Documents: 1. Attested photocopy of valid Trade License 2. Tax Identification Number (TIN) 3. Attested photocopy of membership certificate …
HOW DOES REPORTING ON ONLINE IMPORT MONITORING SYSTEM Importers are registered under Importers Exporters and Indentors (Registration) Order, 1981 Imports are controlled by CCI&E under Imports and Exports (Control) Act, …
Import Policy Order The Import Policy Order covers a period of 5 years — the last one being for the period from July 2010 to June 2015. As per this …
H S CODE Classification of commodity has been introduced in early nineteenth century in Europe. Internationally accepted coding system was first introduced in 1931 as Brussels Nomenclature and in 1937 …
Post Import Finance: Some time branch faces difficulties in retiring import document against L/Cs opened under arranged post import finance facilities, due to lack of proper documentation formalities. In order …
Import Business of Islamic Bank Import Business : All Islamic bank of Bangladesh runs their import business is mainly divided into the following three categories: i) Import of Commercial goods. …
Foreign Remittance Definition: Remittance represents transfer of fund from one place to another through official channel. Foreign Remittance: Foreign Remittance refers remittance of Foreign currency that are received in and …
Stale Bill of Lading What is stale bill of lading A bill of lading is said to a stale it bears a date subsequent to the expiry date of credit …
Charter Party Bill of Lading (CPBOL) This is a contract for the hire of a whole or part of ship setting in detail the rights and obligations of the owners …