Established : In 1919
- To serve world business by promoting trade and investment, open markets for goods and services, and the free flow of capital.
Mr. Etienne Clementel, a former French minister of Commerce. Under his influence, the organization’s International Secretariat was established in Paris.
After the creation of UN in 1945 ICC was granted the highest level of consultative status with the UN and its specialized agencies.
- Setting rules and standards
- Arbitration under the rules – ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Uniform rules for trade financing – UCPDC,URC, URR, URDG, Incoterms etc.
- Promotion of Trade & Services globally.
- ICC groups thousands of member companies of every size in over 130 countries.
- Corporations and companies of all sectors
- Business and employers federation.
- Law farms and consultancies.
- Chambers of Commerce.
- Individuals involved in International Business.
The Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits were first published by ICC in 1933. Revised versions were issued in 1951,1962,1974,1983, 1993 and 2007.
ICC Head Quarter:
200 staff members are representing more than 30 nationalities work at ICC Global Headquarters. The international secretariat develops and carries out the ICC work programme and remains in close ICC network of members and regional offices in 130 countries. There are about 6.5 million companies in the ICC network.
ICC moved to new headquarters in 2013 for easily accessible for visitors from near or far. With improved conference facilities and a larger selection of meeting rooms, ICC Global Headquarters sets the organization apart as a venue of choice for a range of ICC trainings, conferences, and meetings. The seven floors provide office space, meeting rooms and other facilities. ICC Global Headquarters houses the following departments and divisions:
Policy and Business Practices
Dispute Resolution Services
Training and Conferences
World Chambers Federation
National Committees and Membership
Finance, Administration and Personnel
ICC Global Headquarters is located at 33-43 avenue du President Wilson, 75116 Paris